Changes in rules
1. All live kin need sleep
2. Draining of at least 10 points can substance a Kin. And after the daily requirements a Kin needs nothing else for substance.
3. Strength-The Kin are pretty strong, overall. But not according to the book; so…Characters may lift, without rolling vs. their STR, 20 lbs/point of Strength. Thus, a character with a Strength of 20 can easily lift 400 pounds and a character with a Strength of 40 (the human limit) can lift up to 800 pounds. By making a successful Strength roll, characters may lift up to 50 lbs/ point of STR, but may only hold it for a few seconds. After all, that means that a character with a STR of 20 is lifting a thousand pounds, and a 40 STR character is lifting an even ton.
4. ATTRIBUTE ROLLS – Anyone who has played Nightlife has consistently run into one source of frustration: while skills work right, when making a basic Attribute roll, there is only a slim chance of actually making the roll, even when, according to the rules, the attribute should be considered near the peak of human ability, or even higher than that! To fix this problem without messing with the actual attribute ratings is easy. Attribute rolls can be divided into three simple difficulties: hard, normal, and easy. A Hard roll is equivalent to ½ the attribute’s normal rating. This should only be invoked if there is little chance of the character being able to make the roll. In cases of odd-number scores, round down. A Normal roll is the roll as delineated by the rules at present: the attribute or less on a percentile die. An Easy roll is twice the Attribute or less on the percentile dice. In any situation that indicates that the difficulty would be easier than “easy”, don’t bother to roll the dice, and assume the character can perform the action.
For example, Skunk boy has a Perception of 27. Thus, his Perception rolls would be as follows:
5. CRIB-You gotta live somewhere, even if you aren’t really living. PCs should expect to spend anywhere from $600 to $2000 a month on maintaining their Crib, not to mention the cost of any security features..
Martial Arts A Martial Arts Kick is at a -10% penalty to hit, but does damage as if the character’s STR were 10 points higher.
Combat Acrobatics(DEX): The ability to jump, twist. etc. and perform stunts while fighting. On a successful Combat Acrobatics roll, the character may modify EITHER his “to hit” roll (-5% on the roll or +5 , as needed to achieve maximum effect or damage)or his opponent’s to hit" roll by -5 to hit per success achieves via a standard Task Resolution roll.
7. CHANGES TO EDGES
Aura Sight: The character using Aura Sight can see the auras of anything he chooses to look at, not just one person.
Danger Sense: No concentration needed, GM makes the roll, though.
Drain: maximum SP that can be drained per BT is equal to 1/10th Edge score.
8. Experience and Humanity are separate. Using edges cost no humanity. Humanity is not longer in the game only Max Humanity exists. Everything that normally is influenced by Max Humanity still works. Max humanity can be bought at the cost of 10 XP.
After the end of each game MH and experience is given out as followed.
1= showing up
5= Completing Session Goal
1= Great Idea
1= Great Role Playing
1=Players get to vote to see who gets bonus point for game.
1=for every player the person brings.
1-50 = for last game game notes
1=making me laugh.
1 MH= normal use of edges
-1 MH=Over use of edges or loss of control.